ENGINEERING AND HERITAGE
ENGINEERING & HERITAGE
KEY PARTNERS & COLLABORATORS
STRUCTURAL HEALTH MONITORING
Designed and developed by
The research group Advanced Engineering Analysis and Monitoring of Heritage Structures (Engineering and Heritage) of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú was created in 2013 with the aim of developing interdisciplinary research and technological innovation of high quality. The areas where the group make development are non-destructive testing, diagnosis, numerical analysis, instrumentation, vibration control, structural intervention and structural monitoring of modern and heritage buildings.
Engineering and Heritage aims to be a space where students and professors can discuss and develop high quality research in the mentioned areas. The group has developed basic and applied research, as well as specialized consulting in a series of heritage and historical sites within the framework of national and international projects. The group has links with important academic and innovation institutions, including UNESCO Peru, CONCYTEC, INNOVATE Peru, University of North Carolina at Charlotte (USA), University of Rochester (USA), University of Minho University of Chile.
Engineering and Heritage is also a research laboratory that has the latest equipment and technology thanks to the financing of INNOVATE Perú and the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru PUCP.
This laboratory, together with the work of research assistants of undergraduate, masters and doctorate program at PUCP, allows to have capacities of action in different fields like:
- Determination of geotechnical conditions through geophysical tests.
- Mechanical characterization of materials.
- Geometric reconstruction with drones and laser scanner.
- Development of educational experiences and scientific tourism with virtual and augmented reality.
- Structural diagnosis using non-destructive tests.
- Advanced structural analysis of buildings.
- Development of reinforcement and structural intervention projects.
- Seismic and structural monitoring.