The incorporation of University Social Responsibility as a foundation of the organizational culture of the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru is the fruit of 90 years of commitment by the University to its environment and to the university community.
There are at least three key processes or lines of action in which a university that practices Social Responsibility must participate, both by facilitating and providing direction.
Articulation of education, research and university projects of a social nature. Incorporation into curricula and educational activities, both theoretical and practical, through the generation and application of knowledge, skills and abilities in actions designed to advance human development.
Foster awareness of the relevance of incorporating the University Social Responsibility approach in order to improve academic quality and contribute to a Comprehensive Education.
- Provide information on educational processes and referential experiences with regard to University Social Responsibility.
- Advise the execution and support of Learning Communities.
- Train students and teachers in the use of tools and methodologies for use in practicing Social Responsibility.
Management of the organizations and of their relationships with their human and natural surroundings (the Environment, human resources, relationships with other institutions, etc.). Fostering and promoting Social-Responsibility policies in national, local and regional governments; as well as in civil-society and private-sector organizations.
- Promote Social Responsibility within each of the interest groups with which the University interacts.
- Advise and work with the process of incorporating Social-Responsibility practices in the management of the University.
- Generate the conditions necessary for the development of Learning Communities, providing opportunities for practicing Social Responsibility.
- Ensure the monitoring and assessment of the Social-Responsibility processes in which the University is involved.
Information and communication management
Generation of opportunities and mechanisms for articulating academic activities and university projects that are social in nature. Ensuring a continuous and up-to-date flow of information from the University with regard to Social Responsibility, by way of virtual spaces, networks, working tables, etc.
- Develop skills and abilities of the different actors with which the University interacts, with regard to finding and using information.
- Manage information (collect, systematize and provide feedback for necessary information).
- To promote social responsibility in the new organization, functions, activities and scope of the Academic Office of Social Responsibility
- Foster the university community’s awareness of University Social Responsibility (generating opportunities for dialogue).